BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Places to Put a Cedar Sports Bench

When I first heard of a cedar sports bench, I didn’t have the faintest idea what it was. I found all sorts of things called sports benches. But I discovered that a cedar sports bench is simply a style of backless bench.

I think backless benches are attractive, but they don’t really lend themselves to deep relaxation. For one thing, the lack of a backrest means that I have to hold myself upright. Oh, what woefully hard work! I don’t exactly want to fall asleep and flip off backwards—that is, if I could fall asleep.

Well, the sports bench doesn’t fit in the living room with the easy chair and couch. But it still looks cool, right? Plus, the really nice thing about a cedar sports bench, or any other backless bench, is that it can serve multiple functions: seating, table, climbing stool, stand, footrest. I love the multiple functions in one piece of furniture.

So I got to thinking. Where could I put a sports bench or other backless bench? These are some of the ideas I envisioned:

  • Against the wall in a hallway

  • Next to my front door, on the outside

  • Around a fire pit

  • At the foot of my bed

  • On a garden path

  • Against a bathroom wall

  • Across from my porch swing, as table/stationary seating.

0 comments: