BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Completing Your Wooden Glider with Wooden Décor

Bringing home a wooden glider is only one step of a patio decoration plan. Sometimes, with careful coordination of colors, shapes, and patterns, you can mix materials effectively in a décor scheme. But sometimes these efforts only land you with a mismatched group of items that don’t look like they belong together. Perhaps your best option is to use all wooden pieces in various natural wood shades to complement your wooden glider.

Here are the some of the wooden décor items I have either seen in other locations or used in my own home:

  • Mats/rugs
  • Side tables
  • Wall hangings
  • Vases
  • Cups and bowls
  • Planters
  • Potting tables
  • Storage boxes
  • Coffee tables
  • Lounge chairs
  • Serving trays
  • Bird cages
  • Candleholders
  • Carved figurines or animals
  • Lamps
I certainly wouldn’t stuff all these items onto my patio. But a few well-placed wooden accents can increase the warm glow that emanates from a wooden glider. I find that I feel more at rest when my surroundings seem to contain order and a sense of harmony. And I believe that I am not alone, that many people feel the same way. One way to create order and harmony with your wooden glider is to choose surrounding items with care.

0 comments: